On February 11, 2005, a law was passed in France stating that public institutions would have to be accessible to persons with disabilities by January 1, 2015. For many public and private stakeholders this deadline has proven difficult to meet, with a backlog as a result. To address this, in keeping with the purpose of the law, an ordinance allowing for “Programmed Accessibility Agendas” (Ad’Ap) was passed.
Within this context, Antea Group has developed the “Ad’Ap project”, a new competence in terms of accessibility. The new service, and the AnteAdapt Solutions tool, have allowed us to win the project management assistance contract for the implementation of Ad’Ap in all of SIEMP’s real estate projects. SIEMP is the fourth largest social housing company in Paris, managing some 11,000 housing units, 500 business premises and 5,000 parking spaces.
Our assignment was to:
- perform the accessibility diagnostic studies for 540 business premises
- facilitate a dialogue with SIEMP services, associations and stakeholders
- define the work strategy and schedule
- file the Ad’Ap application with the Prefecture by May 31, 2016
- monitor accessibility upgrade works for these buildings
“This project will help us ensure a city that is accessible to all and continuity in the mobility chain, with the city as a universal transformation process.”
Charlotte Tsai, Project Manager